Competition for the jet set has never been richer. And, with on-board chefs, nannies and butlers, luxury travel has never been so, well, luxurious.
The bar for first-class service and posh surroundings was recently raised a notch by Etihad Airways, a high-end Mideast carrier that caters to the rich and famous on routes to or through some of the world’s wealthiest cities, like Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Indeed, Etihad is one of several fast-growing airlines that leverage hubs in the Gulf to connect passengers to cities on other continents.
Travel in First Class or Business Class on Etihad Airways:
- Chauffeur service – A fleet of luxury cars and chauffeurs provide discreet, safe door-to-door service.
- Etihad butler – A butler is onboard to manage any in-flight or post-flight planning needs that can’t be handled by flight attendants.
- Onboard three room suite or private apartment – Designed for up to two passengers traveling together, The Residence features a living room with leather sofa, a separate bedroom and on-suite bathroom. Or try the private First Apartment, which includes a flat-screen TV, wardrobe and bar, as well as a leather armchair and ottoman that opens into an 81-inch long bed.
- Business class – User-centered design yields a surprising sense of space and convenient storage areas. The seat converts into a bed with a special mattress so you can relax on long-haul flights. An 18-inch touchscreen TV with noise-cancelling headset delivers new movies and classic entertainment.
- Pre or post-flight spa treatments – Treat yourself to a beauty treatment, massage or realignment at the Sixth Senses Spa, available in the lounge of all Etihad destination cities.
- First class lounge – Enjoy on-screen entertainment on a Bang & Olufsen flat screen TV, spend time in the cigar lounge or champagne bar, and freshen up with a spa-like shower while your clothes are ironed and your shoes polished.
- Food – World-class chefs can prepare your favorite dish, as well as other gourmet meals or snacks in five-star ambience, accompanied by a hand-picked boutique wines.
- Airport family room – The family room is stocked with toys, books and TV to entertain your children. And if you need a break, qualified nannies will watch your kids for you.
- Airport business amenities– Stay connected and keep business operations moving with Apple computers, broadband Internet connection and printing facilities.
Etihad offers flights from several U.S. cities, including New York, Los Angeles, Washington, Dallas, Chicago and San Francisco.