Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Airport is opening a new front door to the world! The International Terminal will welcome millions of world travelers for decades to come when it opens in spring 2012.
The international terminal and its new concourse will connect with Concourse E to create a 40 gate international air travel complex. This cutting-edge facility will be the new global gateway through which travelers from throughout the world will connect with more than 150 U.S. cities.
For those traveling from the United States, the international terminal will be the gateway to nearly 80 destinations in more than 50 countries.
- The international terminal will open in spring 2012. A date for the opening will be set and announced in early 2012.
- The international terminal eliminates the baggage recheck. Atlanta bound passengers will go through customs inspection, collect checked baggage and leave the international terminal.
- The international terminal has an entrance separate from the domestic terminal. The international terminal entrance is accessible from Interstate 75 at Exit 239.
- If your airline cannot check you in at the domestic terminal, you can take a complimentary shuttle service to the international terminal. Shuttles are available at the ground transportation center at the west end of the domestic terminal.
- All carriers operating international routes at Hartsfield-Jackson will use the new facility.
- Arriving international passengers will exit to the lower-level roadway at the international terminal. Roadway signs will direct motorists to the arrivals level.
- Passengers traveling outside the United States should check in at the international terminal. Passengers whose ultimate destination is outside the United States but whose flight out of Atlanta is bound for a domestic airport should check in at the domestic terminal.
- 1.2 million-square-foot terminal and concourse facility
- 12 gates on a new concourse, known as Concourse F
- Separate levels for arrivals and departures
- Eight security checkpoint lanes for international departing passengers
- Five security recheck lanes for domestic connecting passengers
- New U.S. Customs and Border Protection facility
- Two parking structures with more than 3,500 parking spaces
For Business Travelers
- The international terminal is accessible from Interstate 75, Exit 239.
- Passengers traveling on nonstop international flights from Atlanta will check in at the international terminal. Passengers traveling abroad via another U.S. city will check in at the domestic terminal.
- Atlanta-bound international passengers who arrive on Concourse E or the new Concourse F will pick up luggage at the international terminal´s baggage claim area.
- A shuttle service will connect the international terminal with the domestic terminal, domestic parking facilities and MARTA train service to downtown. Another shuttle will provide direct service between the international terminal and the rental car center.