Delta Air Lines has changed the way Medallion Members are upgraded to economy comfort seats.
Medallion members who purchase tickets through a travel agency may now opt in for upgrades in the following ways:
Request a Delta Comfort+ upgrade by locating the reservation in My Trips. Opt in for Complimentary Upgrades during check-in.
Medallion members can also set automatic preferences for the quickest way to ensure they’re always opted in:
Visit the Flight Preferences section under My Profile at delta’s website. Here you can set default upgrade preferences that will apply to every trip once the settings are updated.
Please note: Even with default settings, they can still opt in or out of Complimentary Upgrades for any individual reservation during booking or in My Trips.
Medallion Members Opt In
If a Delta Comfort+ seat is available, the Medallion member will be notified in My Trips and via email of the upgrade. It can take up to an hour for Diamond and Platinum Medallion members to receive Delta Comfort+ seat assignments after ticketing.
- Medallion members who have selected upgrade eligibility for both First Class and Delta Comfort+ will be upgraded to the most premium option available. If they have been upgraded to Delta Comfort+, they will still be on standby for First Class upgrades.
- If no upgrades to Delta Comfort+ are available, the Medallion member will be placed on standby for an upgrade. He or she may view their spot on the standby list in My Trips or in the Fly Delta App.
- All seats in Delta Comfort+ are part of our premium experience. Aisle, middle or window seats will be assigned based on availability.
- Following an upgrade, a Medallion member can always select another available seat in the same class of service. This means they can move to a different Comfort+ seat via the seat map, if one is available at that time. Once upgraded to Delta Comfort+, agents will not be able to revert back to their Main Cabin seat via the seat map.
- Medallion members will continue to enjoy access to Complimentary Upgrades to Delta Comfort+ while maintaining the same clearance priority.
As always, following an upgrade a member may always select another seat, if available, in the same class of service. This means they can move to a different Delta Comfort+ seat via the seat map, if one is available at that time.
Once upgraded to Delta Comfort+, members will not be able to revert back to their original Main Cabin seat via the seat map.
Contact your travel agent for more details.