Hilton HHonors Eliminate Blackout Dates and Capacity Controls
The Hilton Family of Hotels has ended all blackout dates for all members of its HHonors loyalty program. As long as a standard room is available, members can confirm that room. All standard rooms are available, not just a limited number each night. No additional points are needed to avoid blackout dates.
(Source: Hilton press release)
St. Regis Washington D.C. Opens
St. Regis Hotels & Resorts has reopened the St. Regis Washington, D.C. after a 16-month renovation. The hotel, which first opened in1926, is two blocks from the White House. The restoration included a complete renovation of all guest rooms and public areas, including the lobby, ballroom, fitness center and meeting rooms. It now has 175 rooms instead of 193, which allows it to offer 11 suites. The Crystal Terrace is now the Astor Terrace.
(Source: St. Regis press release)
National, Northwest Partner on “Drive Your Way to 25K” Worldperks Promotion
Until March 10, Northwest WorldPerks members can earn 25,000 Bonus Miles if they rent six times from National between Dec. 10, 2007, and March 10, 2008.
All rentals must be of a midsize car or above for at least three days or more.
(Source: Northwest press release)
When it comes to keeping their customers happy, hotels are improving, car rental companies are doing slightly better, while customer satisfaction with airlines continues to drop, according to the annual Market Metrix Hospitality Index.
- Overall customer satisfaction with hotels showed a four point increase over last year
- Airlines continue to struggle, hitting their lowest customer satisfaction levels (76) since 9/11
- Car rental was up slightly, by .75 percent
- Kimpton Hotels scored highest among hotels overall, 90.6
- Enterprise continues to dominate, again scoring highest, but Advantage and Payless showed big improvements
- Sun Country, the St. Paul, Minn.-based low-cost carrier, was the sole bright spot among airlines, earning the highest airline score, 85.3.
Source: Market Metrix press release